She/Her
July 7
Pacifidlog Town
Any/All
Mercenary
Grunt
5'6"//168cm height
5'6"//168cm height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
113 posts
Aoki Hana DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @aokihana
Aoki Hana
A STORM OF SWORDS
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2024 3:07:11 GMT
Aoki Hana Avatar
The reputation of the blacksmith who tended the Iron Lady Forge preceded herself. Hana had had the honor to hold one of her works once, and she had envied it ever since. Nothing a meager sellsword could afford, of course. Not back then. She had thrown out the possibility almost immediately the moment she had thought it, but now...

"You offer any, uh... discounts?"

She gives the woman her cutest smile, in an attempt to charm her.

It was a trick that tended to only work on men, but you'd be surprised. She'd managed to sail halfway across the sea on nothing but a gorgeous smile and sheer determination before. Jumping between different ships, using all the charm she had in her, no coin to her name. And there weren't all men on those crews. She'd bummed some great meals that way, too. Her favorite was drunken older men at ramen bars, too impaired for their own good. And once, even, in a brothel...

"I'm good for it, if you'll indulge me. Just... you offer a payment plan, don't'cha?"
close tab

played by

dreamflower

she/her
December 12
Anistar City, Kalos
Bisexual
Blacksmith, bladesmith
Associate
Art is risk
Tempered by wisdom
5'7"/170 cm height
5'7"/170 cm height
A keen mind cuts deeper than even the sharpest sword.
awards
1,200 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aurelie
Aurelie Lefevre
A STORM OF SWORDS
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2024 21:17:30 GMT
Aurelie Lefevre Avatar
[attr="class","aurelie"]

[attr="class","aurelie_lyrics"]My skin has turned to porcelain, to ivory, to steel.
[attr="class","aurelie_body"]Just a few moments ago, Aurelie had just completed the sale of a large commission of several knives and tools that'd taken her weeks to finish. The pleased customer not only paid in full right on time but even threw in a generous tip—more than enough to pay for a delicious seafood feast tonight. All of which put her in a very good mood for the day.

So, when a pretty young lady walked in, admired Aurelie's wares, and then asked about discounts with a disarming smile, the red-haired smith smiled back much more warmly and tolerantly than usual. On one hand, she didn't think her prices were that unreasonable.

On the other hand, though, she could easily remember starting out fresh in Hoenn and barely being able to afford rent. Especially now that she was doing a little better herself, Aurelie was willing to cut a fellow struggler a little slack. Hana's smile didn't hurt either; she'd always been a sucker for a lovely girl.

"Hi there! I'm sure we can work something out, if you see something that you like here," she said, offering her hand to shake. "Welcome to the Iron Lady Forge, by the way!

"And I definitely offer different payment plans, so we can talk about that too, if you'd like,"
she added, unabashedly charmed by the girl. "Just let me know if you have your eye on anything in particular. Or if you have something in mind you'd like me to make."

Then, the red-haired smith tilted her head to one side and pursed her lips as a thought occurred to her. "Though it may cost a little extra and take me longer if you have a special request in mind, especially if it's long or complicated, because that'll mean extra time designing and working. So, just keep that in mind, but do let me know what you're interested in!"

She crossed her arms and listened attentively. She hadn't recognized Hana as a fellow Rocket yet, but that too would certainly pique her interest and willingness to help out.

[attr="class","aurelie_tag"]

[attr="class","cred"]VEL OF PIXEL PERFECT

[newclass=.aurelie]width:420px;padding:40px;background:#862939;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie img]height:100px;width:100px;padding:15px;border:1px solid #fff;border-radius:100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie_lyrics]text-align:center;font-family:verdana;font-size:9px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#eee;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie_body]width:420px;padding:40px;background:#222;font-size:14px;line-height:16px;text-align:justify;font-family:calibri;color:#aaa;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie_tag]text-align:center;font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie_tag a]font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred]text-align:center;font-size:8px;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-size:8px;letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Nagato

Hana
She/Her
July 7
Pacifidlog Town
Any/All
Mercenary
Grunt
5'6"//168cm height
5'6"//168cm height
awards
113 posts
Aoki Hana DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @aokihana
Aoki Hana
A STORM OF SWORDS
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2024 0:42:36 GMT
Aoki Hana Avatar
"Sure, sure. I've got the make in mind, actually. Been thinkin' about this sword for a while, just never had enough cash to make the pursuit worthwhile. Certain swords need a certain hand, don't they?"

She looks the woman up and down.

She had heard things, on the smolive vine.

Certain things about the forgemaster, and her persuasions. You always found the sweetest gossip at the bottom of a bottle of sake, she considered. And the man she'd overheard had downed two completely, and had been well on his way to the bottom of his third when she heard this juicy bit.

"Not just deft, or adept, but... well, not to spill the sinistea, but I've heard the kinds of things you get up to in your spare time."

She winks, and offers a breathless whisper, forming the words on her lips:

'Me too'.

close tab

played by

dreamflower

she/her
December 12
Anistar City, Kalos
Bisexual
Blacksmith, bladesmith
Associate
Art is risk
Tempered by wisdom
5'7"/170 cm height
5'7"/170 cm height
awards
1,200 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aurelie
Aurelie Lefevre
A STORM OF SWORDS
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2024 21:40:25 GMT
Aurelie Lefevre Avatar
[attr="class","aurelie"]

[attr="class","aurelie_lyrics"]My skin has turned to porcelain, to ivory, to steel.
[attr="class","aurelie_body"]When she heard the word "swords", Aurelie sighed deeply and prepared to recite her long-memorized, oft-repeated speech about her stance on making weapons for the League. Specifically, that she didn't, under any circumstances, no matter how much money she was offered or how intriguing the project was. For Rocket, of course, it was a different story.

So, when the young lady then threw her a wink and whispered that she too was part of Rocket, Aurelie's already open mouth widened further in surprise, before snapping shut with a click. Taking a moment to look the woman up and down as well, she forced herself to see past the pretty face and winsome smile to the slender yet strong limbs, capable hands, and graceful, catlike bearing.

Yes... I could see her with a sword, the red-haired smith reflected thoughtfully. You'd think she'd use something light and fast, but I bet she's more powerful than she looks. I bet she prefers something with more heft and power than you'd expect with someone so slim.

A sly grin curved her lips in answer. Aloud, Aurelie replied, "Well, then! If you know that—and you're not immediately tossing me to the League's officers over it—then let's talk a little more privately, shall we?"

Turning slightly, she beckoned for the woman to follow her through the door that led to her workshop, which had been soundproofed long ago. Mostly to prevent neighbors, customers, and passerby from hearing the roar of the forge, the whirring of the fans, and the incessant clanging of her hammer. But it came in handy for clandestine commissions like this too.

She took a moment to flip the sign on the workshop door to say "Currently working, please ring bell" and locked it before turning back to Hana. Her grin broadening, she held out her hand to shake again.

"Let's introduce ourselves properly this time, shall we?" she invited her. "I'm one of Rocket's many weapons makers and dealers, specializing in knives and swords. Though I can make axes, knuckle dusters, or armor too, if you're interested."

The red-haired smith then tilted her head inquisitively to one side. "And you are...? Aside from my latest fun customer. And a sword fan, it sounds like?" She narrowed her eye contemplatively. "What did you have in mind for that?"

[newclass=.aurelie img]height:100px;width:100px;padding:15px;border:1px solid #fff;border-radius:100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie_lyrics]text-align:center;font-family:verdana;font-size:9px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#eee;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie_body]width:420px;padding:40px;background:#222;font-size:14px;line-height:16px;text-align:justify;font-family:calibri;color:#aaa;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred]text-align:center;font-size:8px;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-size:8px;letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Nagato

Hana
She/Her
July 7
Pacifidlog Town
Any/All
Mercenary
Grunt
5'6"//168cm height
5'6"//168cm height
awards
113 posts
Aoki Hana DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @aokihana
Aoki Hana
A STORM OF SWORDS
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2024 1:44:54 GMT
Aoki Hana Avatar
She catches on quickly. A confident smiles plays on Hana's lips as she follows the woman deeper into the building, a more private setting for a suitably private consultation. She looks around, admiring the space before she responds.

"Hana. Codename's Tsubame. New 'round here. In Rocket at least, if not Hoenn. As for what I do?"

She pats her hip, where her doublades knock together in their sheathes. She can almost hear their angry whispering as they do.

"I'm a heavy. Grunt work, wetwork... whatever works."

She nods toward the forge.

"Need work on a Johtonian blade. Apparently there's this method of folding a cursed blade that'll channel the grudges of the previous wielder. Some old crone was tellin' me about it when she parted with the katana in question. Seemed pretty damn eager to rid herself of it. Said it ended her family line, you believe that?"

She snorts, laughing, as she unsheathes a blackened, brittle sword. Upon close inspection, it seems to be a honedge of some sort, though the spirit remains dormant inside.

"Looks like it survived a house fire. Just need it refurbished, I think."

She hands Aurelie the burnt blade, then removes a scroll from her hip and hands her that as well. Inside, instructions for this special craftsmanship are inscribed, the parchment brittle and old, a water-proof casing around it the only reason it hasn't crumbled completely. Only parts of it remain legible, but they're the most important parts, so it seems.

close tab

played by

dreamflower

she/her
December 12
Anistar City, Kalos
Bisexual
Blacksmith, bladesmith
Associate
Art is risk
Tempered by wisdom
5'7"/170 cm height
5'7"/170 cm height
awards
1,200 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aurelie
Aurelie Lefevre
A STORM OF SWORDS
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2024 23:18:50 GMT
Aurelie Lefevre Avatar
[attr="class","aurelie"]

[attr="class","aurelie_body"]Listening to Hana's reply, Aurelie let out a low, impressed whistle. "Wow, new in Rocket and you've already got a code name? You're doing better than me! It took me two years to even realize I should pick one, and I still forget to use it half the time."

She grinned crookedly. "If you're curious, it's Cyclops. Because they were legendary craftsmen and artisans. No other resemblance in any other way, right?"

When Hana described what she wanted done, though, the red-haired smith blinked and then wordlessly opened and closed her mouth for a moment. Not that she was incredibly familiar with Johtonian sword-making techniques, but...

"I've never heard of that...grudge-channeling metal-folding method," she admitted frankly. "But then, I don't know anything about cursed blades, either. But that's kind of awesome that there is such a method!"

The sight of the blackened Honedge made Aurelie wince. She almost looked visibly upset at the damage and ill treatment shown to the blade, her hands instinctively reaching out toward it before she pulled them back. As if lost in thought, she mused, "That must've been some house fire.

"I think steel burns at something like 1300 degrees Celsius. But...I know a coal forge can burn hotter than that if you're not careful. No wonder this blade is cursed!"
She smiled and then gave herself a vigorous shake to clear her head, as Hana proffered both the blade and a scroll.

Aurelie's eye went wide as she carefully, delicately retrieved the scroll from its case and spread it out, as meticulously as if she were handling a newborn child. Perhaps even more meticulously, and certainly more reverently. "Oh, Arceus! Hana! This is incredible! Thank you!"

I want to just read this now and just devour all this new information! she thought excitedly. But no, I should focus on the business. Business first, metalworking later! "I'd almost pay you to let me try this with your blade, but...

"This is such an unusual commission, and on a Honedge, no less! I keep thinking it's going to suck out my soul or something!"
Despite her remark, Aurelie handled the sword confidently, with evident fascination rather than fear. "And I don't want to mess it up, since this is clearly a special blade for you."

She sucked in her breath contemplatively. "I can do this for you, but it'll take me at least a month or so, between studying and experimenting with this technique. Considering the materials and time, let's say the cost will be..." She paused again, before naming a figure—probably about as high as Hana had initially feared.

"Does that work for you?"

close tab

played by

Nagato

Hana
She/Her
July 7
Pacifidlog Town
Any/All
Mercenary
Grunt
5'6"//168cm height
5'6"//168cm height
awards
113 posts
Aoki Hana DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @aokihana
Aoki Hana
A STORM OF SWORDS
POSTED ON Sept 2, 2024 1:15:34 GMT
Aoki Hana Avatar
"Six month's wages, eh?"

Hana's words are contemplative and slow, weighing the worth of all that work before she assents.

"Well, been gettin' by with nothin' til now, so why not?"

She nods her head affirmatively.

"Whatever time and materials you need, they're yours. Cash, too, when I get it. You take installment plans, don't'cha? Ain't been in Rocket long enough to cover this, unfortunately.

"But I make good on my word -- you can count on that."

close tab

played by

dreamflower

she/her
December 12
Anistar City, Kalos
Bisexual
Blacksmith, bladesmith
Associate
Art is risk
Tempered by wisdom
5'7"/170 cm height
5'7"/170 cm height
awards
1,200 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aurelie
Aurelie Lefevre
A STORM OF SWORDS
POSTED ON Sept 4, 2024 22:32:22 GMT
Aurelie Lefevre Avatar
[attr="class","aurelie"]

[attr="class","aurelie_body"]Aurelie gulped and went pale when the other Rocket calculated that the cost of repairing the Honedge added up to six months of wages. If she could have, she would've blanched further at Hana's admission that she'd be getting by on nothing. What was I thinking? she scolded herself. Didn't I promise to give her a discount, even?

And there I go, immediately forgetting my own promise and just blurting out a price.
With difficulty, she restrained herself from smacking her palm into her forehead. Instead, she took a deep breath and quickly shook her head.

"Oh Arceus, I'm so sorry, I forgot to apply your discount," she apologized frankly, looking chagrined. "Both for being, well, a teammate and for offering such a cool project. I just got carried away thinking about the work!"

Her brow furrowed as she tried to recalculate rapidly in her head, before she finally named a figure that was still probably relatively high but should only be four months' wages, not six. The red-haired smith smiled apologetically.

"Sorry, I know that's still a lot," she sighed. "But for my time spent, I'd basically be breaking even. But at least hopefully, you can go without for a little less time now."

She smiled sympathetically. Even though she'd been in Hoenn a while, Aurelie still remembered how she lived off dollar-store cup noodles when she first arrived here, desperately trying to save money for her own shop. If she hadn't joined Rocket for financing, she might very well still be miserably saving.

"And yes, I'm totally fine with a monthly plan or whatever you prefer," the red-haired smith hastened to add. She winked—a motion that, with her eyepatch, probably made it look like she was blinking oddly at Hana. "After all, always best to make it easy for people to give you money, right?"

Then, as she looked over the Honedge in her hands, Aurelie hesitated. "And...I don't usually offer this. But I don't usually work on something that could affect a customer's Pokemon so directly either.

"If you want, you're welcome to supervise some or all of the work in my workshop. Just to make sure I'm doing everything right. But you don't have to if you'd rather not."

close tab

played by

Nagato

Hana
She/Her
July 7
Pacifidlog Town
Any/All
Mercenary
Grunt
5'6"//168cm height
5'6"//168cm height
awards
113 posts
Aoki Hana DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @aokihana
Aoki Hana
A STORM OF SWORDS
POSTED ON Sept 4, 2024 23:50:19 GMT
Aoki Hana Avatar
"Takin' pity on lil ol' me? Not a lotta faith I'm stickin' by Rocket for long, eh?"

Hana crosses her arms with a grin, looking at the hopeless smith. She'd successfully talked her down to a price that could bankrupt her, all without trying.

"Don't need a discount that'll starve you, neither. Don't worry, I'm not your everyday sellsword. A samurai's fealty isn't given easily. I'm Rocket for the foreseeable future. And there's a lot of other ways of earnin' cash than a paycheck from Walsh, lemme tell ya...

"You'll have your coin."
She insists. "And more, if you do a good job. I've got lots of swords in mind if this job pans out the way I expect. Heard a lotta good things, y'know..."

She trails off, examining the swords on the walls. They're immaculate, more than anything she'd imagined when she'd heard talk of 'em. Proof of the smith's brilliance. It's all so promising, the start of something great, assuming she can deliver on this.

"But I'll take yer invitation and watch. Always like seein' how the sausage is made."

close tab

played by

dreamflower

she/her
December 12
Anistar City, Kalos
Bisexual
Blacksmith, bladesmith
Associate
Art is risk
Tempered by wisdom
5'7"/170 cm height
5'7"/170 cm height
awards
1,200 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aurelie
Aurelie Lefevre
A STORM OF SWORDS
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2024 22:43:09 GMT
Aurelie Lefevre Avatar
[attr="class","aurelie"]

[attr="class","aurelie_body"]Entirely oblivious to Hana's amused triumph at successfully bargaining the smith to a lower price with almost no effort, Aurelie smiled back at her with friendly pleasure at helping out a lovely comrade. She did look startled, though, when Hana teasingly asked if she was questioning her loyalty to Rocket.

"Oh, no, that never crossed my mind!" she replied truthfully, turning a little red. Then, surveying the various high-quality equipment in the workshop with pardonable pride, she added, "Besides, I've been where you are, and I can afford to break even on a fun job for a colleague."

When Hana insisted on paying the original amount, though, Aurelie simply shrugged and nodded, her teeth flashing in a warm smile. So, Hana too had her pride, which Aurelie couldn't help liking. Even if what the girl said about her expectations did make the smith gulp a little nervously...

Clearing her throat, Aurelie turned to grab a set of protective gear for Hana: a heavy leather apron that was probably a little big for her and a pair of heavy-duty safety goggles. She didn't bother with the work gloves, as Hana was only observing, and restrained herself from obsessively double- and triple-checking the fit of Hana's goggles. Instead, she focused on donning her own familiar, well-worn gear.

"Okay, let's get started!" she said, clapping her hands briskly. It was clear that she was eager to get started.

Humming absently, the red-haired smith began running through her normal process for a new project: warming up the propane forges, prepping the power hammer and hydraulic press, checking drill bits and saw blades for wear and tear, and picking up her favorite hammer. Without thinking, she began to insert the burnt Honedge into the forge, just as she would normally with any piece of metal.

Then, she realized the Honedge had probably been through enough fire already and stopped herself just in time. So much for an immediate display of forging brilliance, she sighed mentally. Aloud, she mused, "Maybe the best thing to do would be to practice the technique on another piece of metal...and then work on this blade once I've gotten it right enough times."

She raised her head questioningly to look at Hana. "Miss...Tsubame, did you say? Am I saying it right? Would you mind taking the scroll and reading the translated parts aloud to me while I work?

"And...well, I should ask. Do you speak Johtonian yourself? If you do, can you check that the translation seems accurate? I only skimmed it earlier, but I saw a few parts that were kind of confusing."

close tab

played by

Nagato

Hana
She/Her
July 7
Pacifidlog Town
Any/All
Mercenary
Grunt
5'6"//168cm height
5'6"//168cm height
awards
113 posts
Aoki Hana DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @aokihana
Aoki Hana
A STORM OF SWORDS
POSTED ON Sept 11, 2024 2:06:22 GMT
Aoki Hana Avatar
Hana watches, intrigued as Aurelie sets everything in order. The intricacies are beyond her. Everything has its purpose, she's sure, but she'd thought smithing was just smashing things with a hammer. But no, of course it's an art. This'll be like watching some painter start from a blank canvas...

When Aurelie pauses just as she's about to begin, Hana laughs.

"Nerves got the better of ya? Sure, sure... lemme see..."

She snatches up the scroll, looking over the characters and trying to recall the words the madame had taught her long ago. At first she grasps awkwardly, but soon enough, it all comes back.

"Well, it's a bit rusty, but... looks like... and then..."

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
40,631 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
A STORM OF SWORDS
POSTED ON Sept 12, 2024 5:15:43 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven